CLICK ON IMAGE TO ZOOM
The city of Vancouver is working with experienced developers to transform downtown south into an evolving urban village that incorporates a greater use of public spaces, design and architecture.
The whole area will be changing, where current buildings, uses and roadways will undergo a transformation in favor of establishing vibrant, stylish and people-friendly streets. The plans include a new road system to improve walking and biking access to the waterfront and seawall, ease the traffic commute and a new vibrant commercial hub along Pacific Boulevard.
Some of the changes are:
- 7 new mixed use buildings.
- Sidewalk extensions to promote future outdoor café and restaurant patios.
- Improvements to pedestrian areas will mean you can walk to the seawall in minutes.
- Proposals to innovative cycling amenities include bike parking and potentially repair services.
- A small, four story office building with new shopping and services on the street.
- Removal of the “Granville Loops”, curving on-ramps and off-ramps that transfer traffic to and from Pacific Boulevard.
>This will increase the current density and soon hundreds of new residents and commercial tenants will call Downtown South home.